VMAs

Although the rumors about Gwen Stefani boycotting the VMA this year are apparently false...I still boycotted watching them live last night, just to support Gwen in rumor spirit. So Instead of supporting MTV with ratings on the spot I took advantage of their long overdue MTV Overdrive: Video on Demand...which finally works on Macs and in Firefox. Woohoo. It's the future of television...watch what you want, when you want...get with the program people. God I sound like a cheesy promoter. But honestly, broadcast television is so passe.

First of all Kelly Clarkson took home the Best Female video award, again. The f@cking nerve! Up against Nelly Furtado, Shakira, Madge and Christina...I loved all those videos(well not exactly Nelly Furtado's cos I don't like her sluttying it up...but that's a whole 'nother side conversation) esp. Shakira's because it was directed by Sophie Muller, the greatest female music video director of all time, and her portrayal of females amazing and righteous. Not to mention, I love Christina's new sound and old fashion glam and Hung Up was a long over due anthem by Madonna. Kelly Clarkson is now on the top of my sh#t list. And i'm not even going to put a picture up for her.

Justin Timberlake can dance...Britney you should feel very unlucky right now because you wound up with a white cracker crapper for a dancer, singer, and soon to be attempted actor. Was so glad Beyonce performed "Ring the Alarm," write that down James Montgomery(He wrote an article summary about the VMAs on the MTV site), "Ring the Alarm" not "Sound the Alarm." If I worked for MTV as a writer, I would not make such a mistake....get it right the first time. Note to Beyonce, totally supporting your anger here if Rihanna is getting all over your man..but there is a fine line between graceful jealousy(ie Gwen Stefani & Madonna) and insane jealousy(ie "I hate you so much right now" Kelis)so just watch yourself. Find a Carrie Bradshaw middle ground. We're all rooting for you. Especially when it comes to younger thinner little b@tchs moving in on your territory. Watch some Sex and the City and do some pilates.



P.S. Gideon Yago is so overrated now...I was surprised to see him still with MTV. Kurt Loder and Matt Pinfield are 10 times the music man you are. I'm glad I got over that obsession...I will post those old skool photos I took of him during our two choice encounters in a later post.

No comments: