I'd like to see Paris Hilton get a masters degree!

This has been bothering me lately. I'm working my ass of on my thesis this year, and what has Paris Hilton done? Drunk driven and made out with Travis from Blink-182. And what has Britney done? Popped out another tater-tot and wasted her time supporting her talentless husband (though she said she wanted to go to college in late 2004, I don't think she was studying for exams these past two years). I know drunk driving and popping out kids is real hard work, sometimes I think that it 's even more demanding than a Masters degree. Yet, I'd like too see some of these {fill in your own adjective} blondes get a college degree or two.



I mean it's bad enough young teens look up to these women as "role models" (only in the physical sense) but they should set an example by even attempting to encourage higher education. Many actresses and actors find time from their busy schedule to get a degree, Rivers (Weezer) went back to get his degree from Havard. Come on, if the Olsen twins can go to college, anyone can! Think how much more of a commodity they would be if they got a simple bachelors degree. Just imagine...Britney Spears with a BA in theater...she could do another movie again without getting booed, Paris Hilton with a BA in practically anything would make her less {fill in your own blank}. Maybe that might decrease the likelihood of kids working for Walmart straight out of highschool.

No comments: