I should have seen 28 Weeks Later 28 weeks later

28 Weeks Later just about sucked. I guess no sequel will be as good as the original, especially if Alex Garland hasn't written a novel that inspires a screenplay that in turn gets made into a decent movie by Danny Boyle.

Beware, I hint at some plot lines, so if you want to be surprised in the movie, just skip the rest and just know that you are better off seeing "Knocked Up," "Evan Almighty" or "On the Road with Judas."

A lot of the cinematic techniques were copied from 28 Days Later, but then again I don't know how else you would do it. What was worse was that they had to go an reuse the graphically horrific act of the pressing the thumbs into one's eye-sockets, as Cillian Murphy had mastered so well in the first movie; it was pretty stale done by Robert Carlyle's character. By the way, I'm a fan of Robert Carlye, but I could have gone without him after the first 30 minutes. And side note, if my husband left me to be eaten alive by infected zombies because he was too scared to save me, then somehow survive that attack, and then see him later in a hospital, I would tell him I want a divorce [see the movie and you'll understand why]. Carlyle as an infected stalker zombie that solely follows his kids everywhere so he can personally kill them seemed a bit far fetched. The character Doyle should have taken the kids and left Scarlett behind...but that would not make it possible to hint at another sequel to be set in Paris; let me guess... 28 Hours Later. Why oh why did they have to ruin the whole movie with those last 15 seconds!

In all this movie was just silly more than scary. You may jump in your seat once or twice because an infected jumps out of nowhere to attack...but that's about it. I was not terrified to go to sleep that night...so that means the movie did not do it's job.

No comments: