Lily Allen at the Hiro Ballroom in NYC Oct.10.

Some musicians are excellent live, and some should really hide behind their records. Never did I anticipate Lily Allen to be a below average live performer.

First of all, while waiting outside Hiro from 6pm...we saw Lily come out for a cig at around 6:30, two photogs were waiting outside for her..then a third one like macgayvered himself out of thin air. Funny thing she told them "don't worry I'm not going to do anything mean." She's classy, not like Avril, ahem. These old ppl came out of a cab...I guess they were staying at the Maritime, and they were staring at her cos they probably didn't know who she was and I guess they were fascinated that photogs were flashing cameras at her like maniacs..and that makes old people's days.

Anyways, the show itself was little dissappointing...her opening band, Domino, who you must check out on myspace Domino were at least 85% more energetic and passionate than Lily last night...maybe she's still jet lagged from Toronto?

Anyways her set list went a little something like this...

LDN
Nan You're a Window Shopper
Shame
Knock 'Em Out
Littlest Things
Smile
Friday Night (this was added by the tech guy minutes before the show)
==
Everything's Just Wonderful (this was skipped and not played at all)
Alfie

In all it was like a 45 minute set. I was expecting one or two more songs...especially when I saw "Everything" up on the list, but all she did was play Alfie as an encore, which is one of my least favorites. I would have wanted to hear "cheryl tweedy," "Take what you take," or "Friend of Mine." And something was a little off when she sang "littlest things," her voice during the chorus sounded flat...while the rest of the song sounded right. Maybe bad acoustics in the Hiro?

We did find out that the man she's referring to in "Littlest Things," she is back together with him...and I saw a nice three stone diamond ring on her left ring finger(the engagement finger of the Europeans) so maybe congrats to her on that. I would have taken a picture of that...but you know me when you see "no cameras" directly printed on your ticket, you're expecting bouncers at the door checking your bag...but they did not...fucking A and everyone with their cameras clickin' away. Well I was staying front row and to the center right...so I don't need pictures it was there. I have to say Lily's always stylin' with the right party dress and shoes.

But you know what grinds my gears...insane big fratty looking unattractive men who push you, a polite petite woman, aside to ripe any piece of paper in sight from the stage...just in hopes that they get to take home a set list (and for one guy it wasn't even a set list, I think it was instructions of where the amps should go for packing up). Another dorky one took the champagne glass Lily was drinking from...just cos she touched it and drank from it...dude, you are W-E-R-I-D. If you ask me I'd take a guess they were from the B&T crowd. That is so highschool immature. Grow up. Stop playing the xBox for at a while. Move out of your parents basement. And definitely buy a new wardrobe from the GAP or H&M. Cos there's a reason why you're goals include pushing females just to get a set list. That's rude and uncalled for and you should spend a day in prison getting slapped around as some man's bitch. One girl had the kahones to climb onstage and take a set list from where the keyboards were set up. I wish I had my camera just to take pictures of these monsters. I swear I am tired of this NYC have no shame to savagely do anything to get anything. You do not see that kind of shit going down in Seattle, and honestly I can wait to move. Savages like these make me hate NYC.

The lesson of the day: Listen to Lily Allen in the comfort of your own home...skip her live act...it's almost, disappointing.
5 out of every 10 people you encounter in NYC are savages when it comes to "celebrities" and things they've touched or used. That is so passe.

No comments: