The Old Wave


Sorry I've been a lot busy lately. But fail you not, I've found another excellent obsession. This Russian band, The Old Wave, is the new Muse mixed in with a little Eugene Hutz. This is where you regret not taking that Russian class in college. I came across them on myspace. I usually ignore trails of desperate self-promotion, but sometimes you come across the little gems in your friend request mailbox that make your day a little brighter.

I don't know how young these guys are (they look a little too young for me to trust)...but it reminds me of first discovering muse in 1999 when matt bellamy was barely manly enough to sport a little goatee.

You can hear some songs on their myspace page here, they've got a song in english called "Pollina's Sky." My new song on repeat is "Thanks to You," Russian never sounded so lovely. Lovely, lovely, очаровательный. Ah.

No comments: